Home Forums Family Readiness NOT POLITICS – Election time threat level

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

When I think “Primed” I tend to try and think about threat levels. For example, driving 6 miles to my office through suburbia has a different threat level than driving 200 miles over a mountain pass in winter. I would take a different level of precaution for each type of trip or condition.

With the election coming up (please no politics here), I do see a different threat level. Regardless of the outcome it doesn’t take much effort to imagine some possibly very dangerous conditions existing. Anybody putting any thought into this?

Kingery865
    Participant

Yes, it seems like no matter what happens there will be some extended turmoil.  Heck even this Supreme Court vacancy is accelerating things.  Good time to “Prime” where I can.  I have started with paper products but looking at a deep freeze and a generator.

hiphopapotamus
    Participant

Both are good ideas. We’ve had a big secondary freezer for years and it’s easily paid for itself. Generators can be a huge topic. Not up to speed on the latest and greatest but a few years ago the Honda’s were considered the best. They are pretty compact and surprisingly quiet.

Bobby
    Participant

Yep. No political position here but it’s hard to see how things don’t get worse before they get better. Everyone should use this as a motivation to examine how “primed” they really are.

Totally agree on the threat levels changing as well as the type of threats shifting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.